Sea glass jars are a beautiful way to capture the essence of the ocean and add a touch of coastal charm to your home decor. Made from repurposed glass jars and featuring colorful sea glass, these decorative elements bring a touch of the beach indoors. In this article, we will explore three easy ways to create your own sea glass jars, perfect for enhancing any space in your home.
1. Tinted Mod Podge Method:
– Glass jar (mason jar, pickle jar, or any other clear jar)
– Mod Podge
– Food coloring (blue and green colors)
– Wax paper or parchment paper
1. Clean your glass jar thoroughly, ensuring it is free of any residue or dirt.
2. In a small bowl, mix Mod Podge with a few drops of each food coloring to achieve the desired sea glass color.
3. Use a paintbrush to apply the colored Mod Podge mixture evenly onto the exterior surface of the jar.
4. Place the jar upside down on wax paper or parchment paper and allow it to dry completely.
5. Add additional layers until you reach your desired level of opacity.
2. Spray Paint Technique:
– Glass jar
– Krylon Sea Glass Spray Paint (in desired color)
– Painter’s tape (optional)
– Drop cloth or newspapers (for protection)
1. Thoroughly clean your glass jar and remove any labels or residue.
2. Apply painter’s tape if you wish to create patterns or areas where the original glass will show through.
3. Shake the spray paint according to instructions on the can.
4. Lay out drop cloth or newspapers to protect your workspace.
5. Holding the spray paint 8–12 inches away from the jar, apply an even coat in a sweeping motion.
6. Allow the paint to dry completely before applying additional coats if desired.
3. Glue and Sea Glass Bits Method:
– Glass jar
– E6000 glue or a strong clear adhesive
– Assorted sea glass bits
1. Clean the glass jar, making sure there are no labels or residue.
2. Lay out your sea glass bits in a pattern or design you wish to create on the jar.
3. Using tweezers, pick up a piece of sea glass and apply a small amount of adhesive with a toothpick.
4. Press the sea glass piece onto the jar and hold it in place for a few seconds until it is secure.
5. Repeat this process until your design is complete. Allow ample drying time before handling.
With these three simple methods, you can create stunning sea glass jars to accentuate your home decor and celebrate the beauty of the ocean. Whether you opt for tinted Mod Podge, spray paint, or authentic sea glass bits, the finished product will bring a coastal ambiance to any room in your home. Happy crafting!
The post 3 Ways to Make Sea Glass Jars appeared first on The Tech Edvocate.